Okay, now that I got that out of the way I just want to apologize for being so MIA these past few weeks. December was one of the most stressful, roller coaster months I've ever had. Lots of highs, but a few lows to go with them. If I explain every single thing that went down this post would never end. So instead of that, I'm just going to make a list for you to quickly catch up on.
1. I booked Soft and Beautiful. I was then replaced two days before shooting because a.) they wanted to texturize my hair AND cut it after I'd already told them no and b.) the hairstylist burned the entire front section of my hair off with a curling iron during a hair prep session. Yes, you read that correctly, he burned my hair off. After I became upset (sobbing) and had to call my agency (CESD) I left the salon after having been there for nearly 7 hours. I had to threaten legal action in order to be paid for my time. I was devastated by this turn of events and cried for several days. Not only did I (through no fault of my own) lose out on a huge opportunity and paycheck, I had to cut out three sections of hair.
2. My Prestige agency is now known as PMG Models, but on the acting side, it is still Prestige Management Group.
3. I signed with a manager at Prestige. WOO HOO!!! Christopher Silveri, my manager (still getting used to saying that!) had set up a showcase the day after my Soft and Beautiful fiasco with Jed Abrams, an acting agent at Talent House. I went in a performed sides and a monologue for Chris, Jed, and two others. Chris called me in the next day and told me that he loved me, thinks I can be a star and that he wants to sign me. He also said that Jed loved me and wanted to me to come to his agency and meet his partner, Pete. I signed with Chris a few days later.
4. I met with Jed and Pete, read for them, and sent in a taped audition. They want to do an exclusive freelance with me for pilot season and if I get good feedback, they may sign me.
5. I've shot for Babies R Us...twice, and I'm shooting with them again tomorrow. I guess this means they like me??
Other than this, I've been slowly getting back into the swing of things, I'm still kind of tired from the roller coaster ride that December took me on, but I'm excited about the next several weeks and what's to come. I've narrowed down my acting school choices to a handful of prospects and I'm excited to get back into class, it's been too much time. I will not be making a list of goals right now because I'm not really sure what they are at the moment, I'm just kind of going with the wind right now until I'm able to refocus.